Sunday, September 16, 2012

Random Thoughts of the Day

...Or How Amanda can't Focus Long Enough to Write an Entire Post.

  • I finished a 4.5 mile run. Longest run ever, seriously. It's exciting. And scary. Next week is  5 miles and then every week afterward, my Saturday mileage goes up 1 mile. I feel like now is the turning point. There's no turning back now. I can either maintain my mileage or push ahead and go for this half marathon. So I'm going for the half marathon, hopefully there's not too many shin splints or puking along the way. :)
  • I've gotten the chance to have some really cool opportunities recently. Last night, I got to run a comedy show with Scott Kennedy. This guy has had a Comedy Central special and has been Craig Ferguson's show. He threw me a shout out during the show and him and his opening act wanted to take pictures with me when it was over. How crazy is that?! 
  • So there's this guy in my life, we'll call him "Joey" for purposes of this blog. Last night, Joey and I met up after the comedy show and after he got done with work. I was super exhausted but stayed out later than usual because I hadn't gotten a chance to see him this week and truth be told, I just REALLY enjoy his company. We talked until 2am, he walked me to my car, we talked for another hour, which is generally what happens. Then we maybe ended our evening with a little kissy face time. :) It's gonna sound real cheesy and girly and probably too romantic movie stuff, but I love the way my face feels after we kiss. It's a little tingly from the scruff of his 5 o'clock shadow. It doesn't last long, but it's a nice reminder on the drive home of what just happens. It usually manages to keep me smiling until I get in bed. Any other ladies experience this or am I the only one?
  • I still owe a post about the launch party and my trip to my dad's. I'll try to make it happen tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

so, 4 mile run?
I can tell that I will not be able to keep up with you at the Czhilispiel 5k at all. so I fully anticiptae you being at the finish line to cheer me on.

GOOD FOR YOU, AMAZING GIRL!

amanda said...

I am not that much of a faster runner, yet. My pace is actually slower than it was at the last Czhilispiel, so have no fear! I'll still be hanging with you. :)