...Or How You're About to See a Lot of Posts About Washington State. :)
The day has FINALLY come! I am now on "vacation" in Washington State. It only took forever to get here and the road was quite stressful. In fact, I didn't start packing until 12:45 this afternoon and I needed to leave town at 1:30. If my mom hadn't been so persistent, I would have just packed a suitcase with shoes and my fancy shampoo and conditioner, left with an almost empty suitcase and just bought clothes up here. Instead, my suitcase weighs EXACTLY 50 pounds so I can't bring anything back...or I'll have to mail it.
One of my best friends lives up here and I haven't seen her since February and that was only for a few hours. I miss her terribly and it's always so good to see her. Tonight, she reminded me why she's one of my best friends. We were getting ready for bed and I asked for a pillow and she said, "I know you only sleep with just a sheet when you get hot, but I know you also get cold up here, so there's a sheet on your bed and here's a blanket to use in the middle of the night." It blew me away that after all this time, she knows EXACTLY how I like to sleep. It's when you know the little details about someone that, to me, show your true relationship. Anyone can know my mom's name or where I graduated from college or what musical instrument I play, but if you know how I like to sleep because we've slept together a million times, or if you know how I like to order my mexican food (no lettuce as a garnish), or if you know that I like my Sonic drinks with easy ice because the ice takes up too much space, then that's when you know me. And it's even better when I don't ask or tell you these things, but you just pick up on it. I've never explicitly discussed my sleeping preferences with Amanda, but we spent two summers and countless other nights together that she just paid attention and knew. THAT'S how to get to my heart. Yay for best friends! It's gonna be an awesome two weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment