Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Days 4 & 5

It's so hard to take the time to update sometimes, but I know that I'll forget it all if I don't. So here we go!

Sunday.
Since I had enormously slept in on Saturday, I decided to get up and take Amanda to breakfast. Breakfast has always been a tradition of ours. She used to wake me up in the mornings and we'd go to breakfast in our pajamas. So we decided to actually get dressed this time and go have breakfast. I literally had one of everything, pancakes, egg, hashbrowns, bacon and sausage. And it was DELICIOUS! Oh, sometimes breakfast is so good that it makes me want to wake up early all the time. Okay, not really. :) Then we went over to a cute little town called Gig Harbor. I went there twice last year and just loved it! So we went back, went to a Christmas Shop and went to a farmer's market. The farmer's market was not as exciting as it was last year so that was a let down. I was really on the search for green zebra tomatoes because they are AWESOME! But alas, no tomatoes.

We ventured back into Lakewood to see ParaNorman. But we had about an hour to kill. We looked for an antique shop but couldn't find, but then (wait for it...) we found a FARMER'S MARKET!!! Can you tell I LOOOOVE farmer's markets?! And guess what I found? Green Zebra tomatoes!!! WIN WIN WIN!!! So excited!

So we finished up just in time to go see ParaNorman. It was...interesting. As an adult, I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I'd take my kids to go see it. It was kinda scary (I'm a wuss). And I was shocked because they used the word "jackass" in a PG movie. What? Since when is that PG?! Crazy, my mom would have NEVER let me hear that word when I was a kid and there was kids as young as four there. Insane.

Monday.
So since the five miles didn't happen on Saturday, today was THE day. I plotted my course, ate well the night before, got my running shoes on and set out. However, as I've learned this week, maps and the actual location are NEVER as matching as they seem. :) I thought I was heading to the parking lot I had planned for my route to start at, however, I ended up at the bottom of a mountain at the parking lot in the middle of the loop I had planned to run.  BUT I was determined this morning and made it work. I ended up running in a circle three times at the end, which I hate, but 5 miles needed to be done! So...guess who finished 5 miles today?!

THIS GIRL!!!!!!!!

And the rest of my day involved making alfredo sauce from scratch with my pasta from Pike Market and then getting my ass handed to me by a pregnant lady in a personal training session. Uber embarrassing, especially after you conquer five miles. Hope all is well back home for you guys!

No comments: