Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dear Life: An Open Letter to the Universe

...Or How Amanda Needs a Break from the Drama.

Dear Life:
I need a break. A break from drama. A break from stress. A break from worrying. This has just been TOO much. Every time I think that nothing else could possibly go wrong, you throw another curve ball at me. This past year has had some really amazing highs, but there's all been some really low lows. The past 60 hours included. It's been utter ridiculousness. I'm at my breaking point...again. For the second time in six weeks. I really don't want to be [and can't be] sick for another two weeks. I just can't handle it.

I know that you don't throw more at me than I can handle, but hoo boy, are you building my strength or what? It's truly amazing how quickly the balance of life can shift. One minute, everything is perfect, truly perfect. The next minute, you're wondering if you're gonna have a place to live next month OR if you're gonna have to call the cops on one of your good friends. [Both true stories in the past 60 hours.]

I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm truly a victim in both of the recent scenarios. That I can't control my own destiny. I know there's a plan, but it's real hard right now to see how those things fit into it. So tonight, I'm gonna trust [and get some sleep] and pray for a brighter tomorrow. Because right now, that's all I feel that I can do.

No comments: