...Or How It Can Backfire and Make You Sit on Your Hotel Bed and Watch TV Instead.
I don't think it should be a surprise to any of you that I have been trying to get back into workout again, especially within the past 6 weeks. I am finally starting to notice a change. My work clothes are not fitting correctly so I went to buy new pants. I am *almost* in to the next smallest size. You know, the size "that you can squeeze yourself into but you should probably wear a long loose fitting shirt so it doesn't show every thing about your body." Yeah, that's where I am. So needless to say, I opted for that option over the "my pants are so loose they are falling down when I walk" option. Flashing your underwear is generally not considered a good sales tactic. So now, to go with my new pants, I need new work shirts but have had no luck. I decided to go to Old Navy and check them out. I used to work for Old Navy, so I know how the stores are supposed to work. I can still tell you how shirts and jeans are to be folded, how clothes are to be hung, the whole deal. I can definitely tell you that everything should be sized (which is was not at this store). Not only were the clothes not sized, they weren't even on the right hanger. So a size 2 might be on a size 16 hanger. Incredibly frustrating. I was in the store for less than 5 minutes. I hope I helped contribute to a lower sales percentage for them today. I decided to check out a few other stores because I wasn't really feeling working out tonight.
I went into American Eagle because I love their underwear (I mean, I can get personal here because there's only 4 of you that read this.) They are seriously the best, but I only buy them on sale because there's no way I'm paying 7.50 for ONE pair of underwear. Lo(!) and behold, they had them on sale 5 for $15 and that's a pretty good deal for them. Usually their sale is 5 for $25, so I was all over the underwear sale. Then I thought to myself, hmmm, I wonder if I can fit into American Eagle clothes now. You see, I'm not a huge fan of their clothes but every now and then I see something I like. In past years however, my chest area has exceeded the material that AE like to put in their garments. So I decided to be daring and grab three shirts. BOOM! They all fit! However, they all looked hideous on me. They were so oddly and angularly cut that I couldn't stand the sight of them. So I was excited yet disappointed because I kind of wanted to buy a shirt. So long story long, I ended up buying 10 pairs of underwear (what was I thinking?!?) and a tube top that was on sale for 10 bucks. I'm still not convinced that the tube top works because I tried it on with work pants, but in my head, with a pair of khaki shorts, it will look great!
So I decided, hmmm, since AE is working out for me, maybe I'll stop in one of those other stores. You know, the ones that you have no idea what the brand is but they have bright colored clothes and loud music and sale signs everywhere and you think, this has go to be a good idea. I think I actually walked into a Vanity (which I used to go in back when I was in high school because they had the best nail polish.) Anyways, I grabbed two shirts and headed to the dressing room. So I tried them on and not enough boobage material. Not even enough to fake it if I opened a few buttons and wore a tank top underneath. Total bummer. So yay for weight loss but not enough to buy a snazzy shirt. As I walked through the mall I thought, man, I just need to keep at it and after summer, I'll fit into anything I want. But I got to my hotel room and the bed seemed real comfy. I pondered working out. And then I got hungry, but I still thought about working out. Then I was STARVING so I had to eat. And I can't workout after I eat. So I just looked up workouts online for the future. Does that count at all?
What's the point of this story? I don't know. I just felt compelled to tell you all that:
a)I spent thirty dollars on ten pairs of underwear
b)I can wear American Eagle stuff but it's all made crazy and
c)I should stop shopping in clothing stores for girls 10 years younger than me because it's just depressing.
I guess I'm a little talkative tonight. Thanks for hanging in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hooray! I'm reading!
I love underwear on sale. I used a $10 coupon at Kohl's and got 3 pairs for 53 cents. SCORE!
congratulations on losing weight, keep it up!
Post a Comment