Thursday, January 15, 2009
First Time for Everything
I did something I've never done before tonight. Looking back it was pretty ballsy, but I had had enough. I was on my way out of San Antonio to drive to Harlingen. I decided to stop at the San Antonio classic, Bill Miller, for some tasty chicken strips to start my four hour drive off on the right foot. I should have known things would go awry when I was at the speaker and someone pulled into the line in front of me. Wtf? This either meant that someone's order had been screwed up or someone just felt like cutting in front of me. Next, the three cars originally in front of me AND the cutter did not move for 5 minutes and 21 seconds (I know because I was on the phone for that long) which started my blood boiling. I absolutely hate inefficiency and me sitting in a line four cars deep for over five minutes is not efficient in my book. Then, I heard a ridiculously loud bass pass by, another thing which I hate. I'm all about rocking out to my music. In fact, I'm pretty I have sustained hearing damage due to my extended cases of rocking out in my car. However(!) I always have the decency to turn it down when at a stop light or in a public place, i.e. a drive thru, for the courtesey of others, not to mention how the music gets exponentially louder when you are still verus moving. Well lucky me, the bass I thought was just passing by whipped around into the drive thru. The minute he finished giving his order and was right behind me, everything in my car started vibrating. I couldn't even enjoy my own radio because of the buzzing. I sat there cursing him in my head thinking it would soon be over. But we know the rate at which the line was moving and it only seemed to get slower. I guess everyone wanted LOTS of bbq, or perhaps it was new worker day; I don't know what it was, but their lack of efficiency and mr. bass behind me were really starting to piss me off. I tried to passively-aggressively shoot dirty looks to the car behind but it obviously wasn't working when I FELT his bass get louder. I was sooo ticked that, even though I was one car away from the window now, I flung my door open and marched back to the brand new jeep with all the windows down in 50 degree weather. As I walked up to his car, he looked shocked. 'Um, can you turn your bass down because it's making EVERYTHING IN MY CAR SHAKE?!?' I tried to politely say, but it didn't come out that way. 'I..I..I...I'm sorry. I didn't know,' followed by an immediate volume reduction. A brief and curt thanks and I returned to my car. What the heck, do I seriously believe that he wouldn't know how that affects other people's cars? Or even that I would like his music? How presumptuous of him. But I also assume no crazed woman has ever gotten out of her car at a drive thru to tell him that. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you! I can't believe that he didn't know exactly what he was doing. I can believe he didn't expect you to call him out on his rudeness. What a jerk.
On the plus side, you may have saved thousands of people from having to deal with his problems in the future.
Post a Comment