Wednesday, January 7, 2009

When I see you smile...

I guess it's official that I have the most beautiful smile in the world. Or maybe at least in Texas. I've been told that on numerous occasions, I NEVER complain when I hear it, but most of the time I just don't believe it. However, today was a new day and it's also a new year. Today I was at the gas station and there was a pair of women in the 40s at the counter. Apparently they were cougars because as I was walking up the first woman said to the cashier (a young man about my age), "Oh, you should keep smiling. It's so cute. The best smile I've seen," and giggled to her friend. As she was leaving, I was walking up laughing to myself and he tells her, "I think you're wrong, I think SHE'S got the best smile." For some reason, it decided to stick with me today. Instead of giving him the "you're crazy as a loon look," I decided continue to flash the best smile and be nice to him. [Note: Not that I'm ever MEAN so to speak, I just usually don't take compliments from strangers well. I'm just too paranoid.] So here's to 2009 and turning a new leaf.

A few resolutions:
1) Take compliments better.
2) Blog for at least 4 days a week.
3) Post at least 4 recipes a month on my food blog.
4) Go back to working out multiple times a week(isn't that everyone's?)
5) I'll get back to you on the rest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you! Why isn't Texas smaller?