Monday, January 19, 2009

I Have a Big Head and Tiny Arms...

Today, I had half a day off and was in Houston at Mark's house. After I finished up work and finally motivated to do something, Mark and I decided to go to the Houston Museum of Natural Science. I haven't been since sometime in grade school or maybe elementary school. I had sooooooo much fun. I think the dinosaurs were my favorite! It's just amazing to see how massive they were AND to view them from the inside so to speak. Their bones were massive and to believe they are still around today.

I was a little disappointed in the gem and mineral exhibit. I remember, or at least I think I do, that there used to be a section of minerals that you could push a button and they would change colors under a black UV lighter. I was so excited to see them!! But they didn't have them anymore, it looked more like a jewelry store in there. I was totally bummed.

Kristen, you would totally enjoy the Chemistry hall. They had lots of fun stuff in there. They had a scale which would tell you how much oxygen and other stuff was in your body. AND a periodic table with real examples of all the elements. I felt like a little kid! I haven't done anything like this in years. I know my mom wants me to go to see the BodyWorlds or whatever and I'm totally dreading it. (I don't do well with stuff like that.) But I'm excited to get another chance to go back!


p.s. Kristen, I will catch up to QotD soon! But thanks for always commenting!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DO NOT feel obligated to go see Body Works. I have not and feel quite fulfilled.