...Or How I'm Postponing That Deep Conversation Until Tomorrow.
:) Sleep is actually calling my name tonight. I'm excited! But a small funny anecdote from today. I'm teaching high school marching band for the first time in a loooooong time. It's taken a while to get used to it...the kids who don't want to be there, teaching 140 kids (the most I've taught at once), teaching under my high school director whom I respect a million times over, and then having him give me full control and trusting me with his band program. Anyways...I've been leading the strength training/cardio in the morning. I'm trying to keep it fresh and non-boring. Having five days of different stuff is wearing me out already. Anyways this morning, I had an genius thought to use water bottles as weights and do an arm workout. The head drum major who is also on the Varsity fooball team, comes up to me and says, "Ms. Reynolds, [They have to call Ms. Reynolds, it's quite entertaining] I really enjoy your workouts." I said, "Are you joshing me or being serious?" He replied, "No, I really do. They're challenging and I like them! You know...they're hiring a new athletic director..." TOTALLY made my day! I'm glad that I can still impress kids after all these years. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
are you still working your two part-time jobs? did the status of those change?
your teaching job sounds super exciting, but also super hot, gross and tiring. Good luck. (oh, and i' concerned about BISD's athletic department if all it takes is someone who does awesome workouts. though I would love it if you got such a crazytimes job)
You'll need to grab some popcorn and I'll have to tell you about my job situation. It's extremely complicated. The easy answer is that I am now a freelance marketing project manager. :)
Ha, BISD has never really been known for their athletics. I just prefer to think of it as I'm better/more fun than the current AD. :)
p.s. I MISS you and really truly appreciate you commenting all the time.
Post a Comment