...Or How Amanda is Attempting to Run for the 457th Time in Her Life.
Today, something just clicked in me. Maybe it was my best friend who made his 47th Facebook status update about going to work out. Or maybe it was all the pictures circulating around from drum corps (both marching and teaching) where I look incredibly skinny and tan. Or maybe it was the fact that I cleaned out my closet (which possibly hadn't been done since 2001) and had to give away about 20 pairs of pants. Mostly because they no longer fit, some, however did fall into the no longer fashionable (who would have thought bleached jeans and/or fringed khakis would go out of style?). Or maybe it was last week when I couldn't do my favorite crunch exercise with the band kids. Whatever the reason was, I decided TODAY is the day I start working out again. You see, I have a free entry to a half marathon in December and I REALLY want to do it. However, I've been procrastinating on the running, so I decided I needed to buck up and start couch to 5k...again.
I was all prepped and ready to go and my good friend, Marie, and I had been texting and I told her I was going to go "run." She said that I should go over to her house and we would go together. I was hesitant at first, one, because I'm a sucky runner and I didn't want her to see that, two, I wanted to be able to go my own pace. But after the sermon this morning at church (I'll relay that another time), I decided that I should go with her. I went over and we walked for about a mile and then I decided I was gonna stay beside her, but jog to get my heart rate going a little more. I did the first time beside her, after my minute was over, she said, "That's all?" So the next time, she ran with me. We did the entire W1D1 set of C25k today. We ended up running over three miles. It felt SOOO good to get cardio happening, my lungs fresh and clear and know that I'm exercising again. AND we're planning to do it again on Tuesday. I think it will be SUPER good for me to have a running partner and hopefully I'll be able to make it through the half marathon in December. Wish me luck. Root for me. And above all, make sure to ask me how I'm doing so I don't quit. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment