I feel like progress is coming in my life. Here's what happened in the past 30 or so days. I've lost 9 pounds as of today!!! Hooray!!! When the scale read the number this morning, I felt like jumping off of it, running through the apartment and screaming "What's up!" but I thought the neighbors might be a little frightened, so I just did a silent dance to celebrate. :)
I took a mental health day today and it worked wonders. I slept in, then went and ate the best shrimp on the earth (seriously, no joke, if you want to know where it is, let me know, but i would hate to publish it on the internet and then i can no longer get a table at my favorite place) and then sat at the beach. Literally, sat.at.the.beach all afternoon. I had planned to edit some pictures from a wedding I shot last month, but the sun was so bright that even in the shade I couldn't check out the right colors. So I piddled on facebook, caught up on some work, read a few magazines, played in the water, listened to some music, really, I just did whatever I felt like I needed to do at that moment. I was so happy this evening. It was the first time in a long time I haven't been so incredibly stressed out that I felt I couldn't control things. Now I am editing the pictures I had planned to do and then going to sleep shortly. Tomorrow's a new day and even though it involves work, I'm going to love it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment