Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ballgame


So after a loooooooong time of feeling sick and two days of being in my hotel room, I decided to check out the local events in San Angelo. I noticed there was a baseball game happening tonight in town. The San Angelo Colts were playing and even though I had no idea who they were, or what kind of team they were, I decided to attend. It was sooooooo fun. I sat in the "good seats." I was on the third base side but close to home plate, had a great view of EVERYTHING (including a bat break!), and was in the shade! It was fabulous. Of course, I made some friends with the regulars sitting by me. They even invited me to sit with them the next time I came to a game. So before you plop yourself down on the couch for your normal tv watchings, check your local news source and go do something fun! I got picture happy, so I'll spare you and only share a few.

He came up to bat in the second inning and did a little point ala Babe Ruth.

Then what do you know?! He hit a triple play!!!


Since the San Angelo Colts are an independent team, they don't get a lot of money. So when they hit a home run, they do something called "Put the Green in the Screen" to reward them. It was super cool. The players took time to talk to everyone who walked down to give them money.


In Between Inning Fun with Casey the Colt!


We Won! 8-3. Go Colts!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes the games of smaller teams beats major leage games. I've been to a minor-league game in Round Rock and enjoyed it so much!

p.s. I sent you an e-mail about Chzilispiel

amanda said...

i know! it was super good! i got your email, i'm sooooooooo excited about czhilispiel. we'll definitely make it work!

Unknown said...

Dear Amanda,
Matthew's girlfriend, Jacky, has also offered to help

Love,
Kristen