Friday, February 20, 2009

Facebook Friends!

I've been told before that I have too many friends. Facebook says I have 543 friends. When my aunt joined Facebook, she was astounded at that number and exclaimed, "How can you have that many friends?" Well, I am proud to say that I actually know every single person on my friends list. I don't just meet people one time and add them as a friend. I can tell you a story about every single person on there. Some of them I haven't seen in years and some I see everyday. Although I'm not an 'active' facebook-er (that's kind of like the -y words, I add -er because it's my blog and I can!) and message or post on people's page everyday, I do check status updates to see what's happening in everyone's life. However, yesterday, I saw TWO people from high school which I haven't seen since high school and both of them remembered me. It's always awkward though, there's that moment when you're like, hmmm, I remember them but do they remember me. One in particular was visiting with another friend, then walked away. I was thinking, HEY! he's my friend on facebook, why the heck didn't he say anything? (Of course, *I* didn't say anything until the exact moment when he walked away. He was wearing a hat and it was low light for pete's sake.) Later that night, he walked back to the table and was like, Amanda?...Amanda Reynolds?! At this point, there was high pitched noises coming from me and hugs exchanged and what not. He said, "I thought it was you, I mean, we're FACEBOOK FRIENDS!" It made me laugh because it validates the fact that I'm not the only person who stalks other people on facebook. (Jenna, for the record, this person was Matt Wolfert!)

I'm not gonna lie. I stalk people online. Facebook, MySpace, Blogs, even just plain google. I'm interested in people I've connected with and want to see what they are doing. Unfortunately, there's just simply not enough time in the day to connect with all of them. I even lost touch with someone from middle school and found her through google. I haven't had the nerve to message/email her because I don't know how to approach it, but I now have her blog on my google reader. Does this make me crazy? Probably yes. Am I the only one who does it? HECK NO! Ask anyone who is on one of those sites and they'll tell you the same. They're all closet stalkers. I'm just open about it. HOWEVER, my powers are now being put to use and I have a super secret stalking assignment that I'm excited about. All that hype and I'm not even gonna tell you what it is. I just wanted to let you know I can use my powers for good too.

Disclaimer: I don't really STALK people like in the textbook definition of the word. I don't go to their houses and park across the street and watch them eat dinner. That's not for me. BUT I will go find my ex-boyfriend's wife's facebook page and look at her pictures. That's all. I'm not saying, I'm just saying. :D

1 comment:

Anne said...

Ahhh ha! I love it. I'm not saying. I'm just saying.

P.S. I have done drive bys of the ex-boyfriend's house, but I NEVER sat outside. THAT would be crazy. And I'm not crazy...