Wednesday, January 2, 2013

5 Year Journal

...Or How I'm Really Really REALLY Going to Start Writing More.

I bought myself a Christmas present (or two) this year and one of my gems was a 5 year journal. It's a cute little book, gold edges, and every day has a prompt, but you write answer the same prompt every day for 5 years. So example, Jan 1 is "What is your mission?" and then every year, you answer that. It'll be cool to see how things have progressed over five years. In five years, I'll be THIRTY FIVE. Holy cow. Who knows where I'll be at that point in my life, but it'll be cool to look back and see where I cam from. The space to write in is small, so I plan to expand on it here. In addition to this, I'm also planning to do 365 photo project again...hoo boy, I'm gonna be a busy gal! Welp, here we go!

Jan 1: What is your mission?

To be happy.

I know that's very general but over the past year, I learned life is so much better when you're happy. You have to determine when to let things go and get over it. Sometimes the person involved might not deserve forgiveness, but the benefit of having peace will always be greater than holding a grudge.
However, I've come to learn that it is necessary to stand up for myself more. Typically, I've been a go with the flo kind of gal, but I've also learned that those things that I tend to hold on to and be angry about for a while can be solved by just confronting the problem and letting it be known how I feel. 90% of the time, it's just a misunderstanding, but the other 10%, I've had good results with solving the problem.

According to Newton, energy is neither created nor destroyed, it merely travels from one place to the next. I think that strongly applies to people and their personal energy. If I'm happy, then I know that my positive energy positively affects those around me. I feel so blessed by the people in my life that I want to positively affect the life of those that choose to surround me, just as they affect me. Going along with that, I want God's love and grace to been by others through me. I know that if I celebrate the Lord for all that He is, my actions will be a testament to God that other people can visibly see. I believe actions always speak louder than words and the best way to plant the seed is to show that you live out what you say you believe. I find it hard sometimes to bring up faith, but when it's always on my mind, God finds a while to bring it up and make that conversation easier.

So I guess that's it...be happy, positively affect the lives of those around me and be an active example of God's love. Sounds simple enough, right? :)

No comments: