Monday, November 19, 2012

Being Thankful

...How Amanda is Going to Start Writing Daily...again.

I was reading this article about "10 Simple Things to Make You Happier at Home." Check out number four:

4. Start a one-line-a-day gratitude journal. Before bed, simply jot down one happy memory from that day. (If you have kids, you can ask them, "What was the best part of today?") Reflection is an important part of happiness, and pausing to reflect on a positive event from each day cultivates gratitude. (An added bonus: Later, when your memory is defunct, you will already have all of your meaningful adventures recorded!) If you have trouble getting started with journaling, consider buying a book to guide you. Simple Abundance, by Sarah Ban Breathnach, is a great one.

I've had this thought before but I always get sidetracked. And I've been seeing people's 30 Day of Thanks on facebook and have been inspired. So here we go:

Today, I am thankful for phone calls that last over an hour. I haven't been on the phone with someone  in forever in a long time. Back in high school days, most of my evenings were spent on the phone. You'd do your homework, watch TV, doodle, write notes while having a conversation with your best friend or boyfriend. It's been a really long time since I've talked to someone that long without a purpose. It was nice and definitely made me smile. :)

No comments: