Friday, September 11, 2009
365 Days Later
In an interesting twist of fate and irony, the Bolivar Peninsula loses power almost exactly 365 days after it would have during Hurricane Ike. So here I lay, on a bed in a FEMA trailer with thoughts racing through my head. Wondering why? Wondering what happening 365 days ago? I was enjoying a serene East Texas sunset, oblivious of the chaos about to ensue down here. How high was the water right now? Was it in my house? Could I have spent those few extra hours gathering things that I miss? My great grandfather's lamp, my granny's Texas Ranger Uncle's pistol? Family history lost that can never be regained. I hate this. I still don't understand. I don't understand why it happened. I don't understand where that much water comes from. I don't understand how 1 year later, it still hurts so bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
~hugs~
Post a Comment